Terms & Conditions
By submitting a booking form online, you (hereinafter “the traveler”) are entering into a contract with VoyageVert (hereinafter “Vv”), and agreeing to accept a berth on the basis set out below. For any person under 18 years of age (16 is the minimum unaccompanied age limit), the booking form must be completed by that person’s parent / guardian who will thereby accept these terms of the booking on behalf of both that person and themselves.
Your contract is governed by English law and any claim, dispute, or other matter arising under or in connection with the contract is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
By submitting a booking form online,the traveler is agreeing to Vv subscribing your email address to our mailing list. Your information will never knowingly be passed to any third parties by Vv.
Before booking, you need to be sure that you are medically fit to head to sea. In the booking process you will be asked to complete the following form online. If you are in any way unsure as to your fitness to sail, you should consult a doctor. We are very happy to accommodate a wide range of medical issues on board but reserve the right to insist on a doctor’s certificate if we are at all concerned about your fitness to sail.
You will be asked to complete a form as part of the booking process to confirm:
In the last two years, have you received or been referred for any treatment surgery, investigations or follow-ups at any hospital, surgery or clinic for any of the following medical conditions:
- asthma requiring inpatient treatment
- bronchitis or any other lung or respiratory condition
- cancer or any growth or form of malignancy
- diabetes mellitus or any blood sugar disorders
- kidney or bladder disorder
- have you been or are you being treated for any mental psychological or nervous problems
- any other medical condition that is ongoing or for which you have received inpatient treatment
- have you ever had cardiovascular problems or other heart conditions hypertension or any cerebrovascular problems
- have you ever been diagnosed with a terminal condition
- do you have any allergies or are you allergic to any medication
- do you have or have you ever had an alcohol or drug addiction
- do you have any other conditions or have you had any medical treatment or operations which you feel may hinder your ability to live and work on an ocean-going yacht
- do you have any allergies or intolerances that will affect what you will be able to eat onboard
If you have answered yes to any of the questions above you will be asked to please provide further details.
Passports, visas and health:
You (the traveller) must comply with all ID, passport, visa, immigration and health formalities, which apply to your carriage or during the period of any other service rendered to the traveller by Vv. Passengers with invalid or inadequate travelling documentation will be turned away at check-in and Vv assume no responsibility for the consequences and you will not be eligible for a refund.
It is the traveler’s responsibility to check and fully comply with all the necessary rules for entry to the different countries. We refer to the homepage of the following UK Government web page:
www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice Please seek your countries national recommendations.
You will be required to reimburse Vv in full for any fines, repatriation or other removal costs, detention costs and all related expenses, which we may incur by reason of your failure to produce the necessary documentation to the relevant authorities. If you do not have a return ticket and you are refused entry into the destination country, then you are under all circumstances liable to pay us for the cost of the return ticket. This includes that you are liable to pay for any costs incurred by us or any of our suppliers in relation to your return journey.
Undertakings by VoyageVert (Vv):
- The vessel will be under the command of a person holding the qualifications required by statute with additional professional crew as also required.
- The life-saving, safety and fire-fighting equipment carried on the vessel will conform with statutory requirements.
- Joining instructions will be forwarded approximately 8 weeks prior to commencement of the voyage and will give the date, time and place for joining and leaving the vessel.
- The fee paid covers berth and food onboard but not travel to/from the vessels.
- Vv reserves the right to cancel any voyage for reasons outside its control including (but not limited to) mechanical breakdown, bad weather or for reasons of safety. In the event of such cancellation, Vv will issue a credit note but shall otherwise have no further liability. Vv may also cancel any voyage for other operational reasons and will in such circumstances refund any voyage fee, port and fuel surcharges paid. Vv will give as much notice as is reasonably possible which shall be at least sixty days’ notice of any such cancellation.
Undertakings and Acknowledgement by Community Member (the traveler):
- I will be a member of the Vv on board community and understand that living in a small area with others may be trying at times and as such undertake to cooperate fully with on board crew to maintain harmonious community living.
- I will be expected to carry out all safety instructions should instruction be given by the Master and Officers of the vessel.
- I will be required to make and pay for my own travel to/from the vessels.
- I agree to make a full declaration of any medical conditions or problems and medication used. (Information must be forwarded with Booking Form). I also agree to inform Vv if anything changes between booking and sailing. Including becoming pregnant.
- I agree if required by Vv to obtain, at my own expense, a letter from my Health Practitioner confirming fitness to undertake the voyage. The letter may be mandatory for voyages involving deep sea sailing, and in other cases at the discretion of Vv.
- I agree to notify Vv in writing of any change in personal medical condition between booking and the start of the voyage. Including becoming pregnant.
- I agree that the Master (Captain) can authorise appropriate emergency medical treatment where necessary without recourse to next of kin and I agree to reimburse Vv for any expenses that are incurred.
- I will require a full passport for all voyages and I will consult my doctor for any foreign health requirements. I understand that if I do not have a valid passport and necessary travel documents I will be unable to sail.
- I understand that, on a voyage that is designated as being of mixed sexes, there may not be segregated accommodation/sleeping facilities for travellers
- I understand that sailing can be a dangerous activity, particularly in rough weather, which can be encountered at any time on a voyage.
- I declare that Vv, its appointed agents and the Master and/or Officer and/or other crew of the vessels will have no responsibility for the vessel not fulfilling or completing the scheduled programme or voyage due to bad weather, mechanical breakdown of the vessel whilst at sea or any other reason beyond the control of Vv or any other person for whom Vv is legally responsible.
- I declare that Vv shall not be liable to me in any manner whatever (whether in the law of contract, tort, or otherwise) in respect of any loss, damage, or injury, whether direct, indirect, economic, consequential or of any other kind whatever, however arising out of or in connection with these Conditions of Booking, provided that nothing shall restrict Vv’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence.
Vv are able to recommend appropriate personal travel insurance policies upon inquiry.
The traveller is responsible for their own medical and repatriation cover. Repatriation might be needed from any where along the booked route (any country that Vv might have to land in extreme or medical circumstances.
General Exclusions that apply to all Sections:
It is important to be aware that routes booked or commenced contrary to Medical Advice, contrary to health and safety regulations of airlines, to obtain medical treatment or after a terminal prognosis has been made are excluded.
Maximum age 80 at date of travel.
Please note an approval to travel by Vv &/or their appointed medical professional does not admit liability what so ever or deem Vv liable to any costs / claims incurred should ill health or unfortunate circumstance befall the traveller.
In the unlikely event that changes to the advertised routes occur Vv reserves the right to make such changes as required. Vv reserves the right to substitute another vessel for the advertised one at its discretion or cancel the charter at any time, for any reason including weather conditions and non availability of vessel.
The Vv will pay no compensation or refund to the traveller(s) where change or cancellation to the programme is due to Force Majeure, loss, damage or incapacity of the vessel or actions of the race event organisers.
No liability is accepted by the Vv for any costs or expenses incurred by the traveller in the event of changes to the programme or cancellation by the Vv.
Vv will accept liability for the negligence of its employees causing injury or death to the extent that it is obliged to under English law. Vv shall not be liable for any injury, death loss or damage caused by other travellers, nor will it be responsible for any uninsured losses of the Traveller’s property, nor for any illness, injury or death sustained during the your route.
Travellers agree if required to complete a release of liability form before embarking on a programme if required to by Vv.
Media releases and image rights waiver
The traveler(s) and employees grant Vv and affiliated companies and organisations the absolute right and permission to use their name, voice, image, likeness, biographical material as well as representations of the yachts in any media (being television, print and internet media), including video footage, for the sole purposes of advertising, promotion, reporting and disseminating information regarding Vv and affiliated companies.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]